Tyr’s sport team is led by partner Alistair McHenry.
Alistair has over 13 years of experience in sports law with a particular focus on dispute resolution, contentious regulatory work and arbitrations. He acts for governing bodies, clubs, players, athletes and other sports professionals on a wide variety of issues.
Since 2018 Alistair has been an appointed Arbitrator and Mediator for Sport Resolutions. Alistair is a Director on the Board of British Association for Sport and Law (BASL) and lectures on its Post Graduate course in Sports Law run by De Montford University. He is the author of the chapter on injuries of the leading textbook Football and the Law and is on the UK Editorial Board for Law in Sport.
“Alistair McHenry is an outstanding practitioner. His knowledge of football coupled with his unerring sense of the appropriate tactical decision make him a formidable litigator.” (Legal 500)
Tyr’s sport practice offers a full service including:
- Governing body, club, player and athlete representation
- Litigation, disputes and arbitration
- Disciplinary matters and selection disputes
- Regulation and governance
- Enforcement and Rules challenges
- Integrity, anti-corruption and investigations
- Image rights, brand and reputation management
- Sport finance and financial regulation
- Esports and gaming
- Commercial including media and sponsorship agreements
- Employment including manager, coach and player contracts
- Real estate