Tyr’s Property Litigation team is led by Partner Laura Salvati, who is experienced in dealing with a wide range of property related disputes.
Laura’s client base includes property investors and developers, large institutional landlords, national retailers, corporate occupiers and owner managed businesses. Laura acts for a number of household names and represents clients in a wide range of sectors including retail, leisure and hospitality, and shipping and logistics.
Areas of specialism include:
- Estate management for both landlords and tenants including advising on all aspects of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Relocation and exit strategies (including serving break notices and managing dilapidations).
- Obtaining possession of property (including from trespassers, by forfeiture and for the purposes of development).
- Recovery of rent arrears and other covenant enforcement.
- Advising on the interpretation and enforceability of easements and covenants.
- Property related insolvency issues.
- Advising on development related issues including the exercise of options, contract interpretation and enforcement and termination.
The team prides itself on providing high quality, commercially focussed advice and always strives to add real value for clients.
Laura was described recently by a client in the 2021 Edition of the Legal 500 as “one of the most technically able and thorough solicitors I have come across, she is always completely on top of her material and gives no quarter to the opposition at all…a real class act“.
Laura is a member of the Property Litigation Association and sits on the Northern Committee.